Extract date: 20/06/2021
|Name||Coomalie Landing Ground|
|Location (Datum GDA94)|
|Latitude: -13° 00' S (Decimal degrees -13.011174)|
|Longitude: 131° 07' E (Decimal degrees 131.129917)|
|Locality / Suburb|
|Local Government Area|
|Coomalie Community Council|
|History/Origin||The Coomalie Landing Ground takes its name from the adjacent Coomalie Creek
The Creek is believed to have been first recorded by AA Briggs in 1913 when he and Muntz where surveying the area adjacent to the Adelaide River.
The landing ground was built during WWll.
For many years the origin of Comallie Creek, together with Glen Luckie Creek, were unknown. In 1995 when Dr Mark Harvey carried out a study of Aboriginal toponyms in the environs of Darwin that it was found that these two creek names are corruptions of the aboriginal names, Gumili and Ganlaki respectively.