Place Names Register Extract

Eva Valley

Extract date: 17/08/2019

Name Eva Valley
Type Designation Locality
Place Id 2034
Place Type Administrative Area
Status Registered
Date Registered 29 October 1997
Location (Datum GDA94)  
Latitude: -13° 07' S (Decimal degrees -13.1316)
Longitude: 131° 00' E (Decimal degrees 131.0071)
Locality / Suburb  
  (None Found)
Local Government Area  
  Coomalie Community Council
History/Origin This locality is named after the property of that name which was situated on Miles Road to the south west of Batchelor. The area was originally known as Banyan Farm, in the 1950s, when owned by Boyne Litchfield. When purchased by the Childs family, who held the land during the 1960s and 70s, the property was renamed Eva Valley after Eva Childs, wife of Bill Childs who were joint owners. Following the sale of the land by the Childs family and subsequent subdivision, the area has continued to be known as Eva Valley.

Register & Gazettal information

Date Gazettal Comment
29/10/1997 NTG43

The Northern Territory Gazetteer is maintained by the Place Names Section,
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.
GPO Box 1680, Darwin NT 0801. Ph 08 8995 5333.
place.names@nt.gov.au

© Northern Territory of Australia
The Northern Territory of Australia does not warrant that the information in this extract or any part of it is correct or complete and will not be liable for any loss damage or injury suffered by any person as a result of its inaccuracy or incompleteness. You are encouraged to notify any error or omission in the material by calling the Place Names Section.