Extract date: 27/05/2019
|Date Registered||21 December 2010|
|Locality / Suburb|
|Local Government Area|
|History/Origin||Named after Arthur John May (known by all as John) (-2007). Registered as a Surveyor in Victoria in November 1959, after 4 years training. Worked in private practice around Victoria before moving to Darwin in 1973. Moved to Canberra after Tracy, but returned to Darwin with his family in 1976.
John carried out survey work through out the NT, from surveying the road between Uluru / Ayers Rock and The Olgas to supervising the building of the Royal Darwin Hospital and laying out new subdivisions in the Litchfield Shire.
John retired in 2004 after 50 years of surveying, and moved to Hervey Bay, Qld, where he died in April 2007.
|21/12/2010||Date added to the Register|