Larger text size iconSmaller text size icon
Quick Links:

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact service authorities to clear conditions of permits?

How do I contact service authorities to clear conditions of permits?

In order to lodge either a Part 5 or Certificate of Compliance application you will first need to contact the relevant service authorities to obtain written confirmation that the conditions of your Development Permit, for which their clearance is applicable, have been satisfied. Confirmation via email is acceptable.

 Generally, conditions in relation to provision of utility services and/or easements will require at a minimum, clearance from the relevant Council, Power and Water Corporation and telecommunication provider.

 If you have any questions in relation to which service authorities need to provide clearances in relation to any specific conditions, please do not hesitate to contact Development Assessment Services on telephone 8999 6046.


Service authority contact details are as follows:



Alice Springs Town Council 8950 0500 or

Barkly Regional Council 8962 0000 or

Belyuen Shire Council 8978 5071 or

Central Desert Regional Council 8958 9500 or

City of Darwin 8930 0300 or

Coomalie Community Government Council 8976 0058 or

City of Palmerston 8935 9922 or

East Arnhem Regional Council 8986 8986 or

Katherine Town Council 8972 5500 or

Litchfield Council 8983 0600 or

MacDonnell Regional Council 8958 9600 or

Roper Gulf Regional Council 8972 9000 or

Tiwi Islands Regional Council 8944 7095 or

Victoria Daly Regional Council 8972 0777 or

Wagait Shire Council 8978 5185 or

West Daly Regional Council 7922 6403 or



 Customer services: 1800 245 092

Power North (Darwin, Jabiru, Katherine, Mataranka, Pine Creek, Borroloola areas) Email:

Power South (Alice Springs, Yulara, Kings Canyon, Ti-Tree, Tennant Creek, Elliott areas) Email:

Water / Sewer North (including Darwin and Katherine)

Water / Sewer South (including Alice Springs and Tennant Creek)




General Enquiries: 

For Reticulation go to the Telstra Smart Community website ( and complete an application.

The Land Development Liaison Team will be in contact to discuss the application & any applicable requirements.  Telstra has implemented an auto letter process by which all projects (once reaching the appropriate stage) have a letter issued confirming the provisioning of services.


To register your development, please visit:

If within an existing fixed wireless area, residents here can apply to retail service providers to order a fixed wireless service. Details of this service can be found at

Jodie Lunn: 0412 050 773 or


Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics - Transport and Civil Services Division: 8924 7270 or


NT Fire and Rescue Service - Email:

General enquiries Northern Region: 8946 4107         

General enquiries Southern Region: 8951 6688


Department of Health – Environmental Health 


Darwin: 8922 7377        Katherine: 8973 9061 or 8973 9062        Barkly: 8962 4302

Central Australia: 8955 6122                  East Arnhem: 8987 0440 or 8987 0441


Department of Health - Medical Entomology

8922 8337 or


Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)

8999 4446 or 

Environment Division -8924 4218 or

DENR - Bushfires NT


Darwin and Arnhem: 8922 0844 Katherine: 8973 8871                Gulf: 8973 8872

Batchelor: 8976 0098                            Victoria River District: 8973 8870

Alice Springs: 8942 3066                       Tennant Creek: 8962 4577 or 8962 4522

How do I register a Caution Notice on title?


Where a Development Permit is subject to a condition requiring the registration of a Caution Notice on the title the land owner and any person or entity which has a registered interest in the title must sign Form 8 Memorandum for Purposes of Caution Notices. This form may be downloaded via the following website:


The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (Crown Land Estate) hold delegations under Sections 34 and 36(1) of the Land Titles Act, in relation to the creation of Caution Notices and the Removal of Memorials on land. 


Signed and completed forms in relation to the creation or removal of a Caution Notice must be submitted to Crown Land Estate for processing, together with a copy of the relevant Development Permit, endorsed plans and any other information to assist with processing the request.  Land holders are encouraged to seek the advice of a licenced conveyancer or legal practitioner to assist with preparation of the relevant Land Title Forms.


Forms must be lodged with Crown Land Estate a minimum of 7 working days prior to required lodgement with the Land Titles Office to allow for processing time.


Please contact the relevant area of Development Assessment Services on the below telephone numbers for further information in relation to how to register the Caution Notice:

Darwin: (08) 8999 6045

Palmerston/East Arm: (08) 8999 6223

Rural/Remote: (08) 8999 6132

Tennant Creek/Alice Springs: (08) 8951 9242